Friday, October 19, 2012

You are a Masterpiece!

mas·ter·piece Noun /ˈmastərˌpēs/  
masterpieces plural
  1. A work of outstanding artistry, skill, or workmanship
    • a great literary masterpiece
    • the car was a masterpiece of space-age technology
  2. An artist's or craftsman's best piece of work
    • the painting is arguably Picasso's masterpiece
  3. A piece of work by a Craftsman accepted as qualification for membership of a guild as an acknowledged Master
    • YOU! 

      The Mona Lisa is considered one of the world's greatest works of art. Created between 1503 and 1506, the painting has been held with such high regard historically that it has exchanged the hands of kings, it has been stolen, auctioned, and highly sought after. On August 21, 1911, Leonardo daVinci's prized piece of work, the Mona Lisa, one of the most famous paintings in the world, was stolen right off the wall of the Louvre, a famous museum in Paris, France. The painting was eventually recovered. There have been several attempts at recreating the astonishing work of art. However, scientist have contended that the uniqueness and rarity of a masterpiece, the value of it, is determined by the inability to create an exact replica of the work.  

     A masterpiece? Personally I don't even think Mona is that cute. Forgive me, Lord, I digress. However her worth is estimated at more than $100 million. Masterpieces can not be recreated, they are often priceless, highly sought after, created with such diligence that their very existence becomes ingrained in the heart of it's creator. The creator, the artist, the sculptor, or architect creates the work to show his craftsmanship, to be admired, to be glorified. Therefore, you are a MASTERPIECE!

    Just as I don't think Mona Lisa is all that beautiful, I am certain that people feel the same way about me. How many of the distractions of the world: men, money, or whatever have tried to steal you from your rightful place... in the Kingdom of God? How many of your friends, acquaintances, or frenemies have tried to copy your style or replicate you? Just like artistic masterpieces, no two people are exactly alike. That's because you were created by the ultimate Craftsman! You are a work of art, diligently constructed by Him. Every hair on your head, every stretch mark, every roll, pimple, or mole. Yes, God made you just like that!

   Furthermore, God is our Master, right? Elohim... the strong one, explaining the sovereignty, creativity, and mighty work of our Lord in Israel. Adonai.... the master, owner. Several places in the text explains that God is our master (Matt 23:10, Matt 24:26, Luke 12:47) Are you not a piece of His work? Didn't He create you? Then, you are The Master's Piece!

      You are an exquisite creation by God. He knew you before He formed you in the womb. You're worried about losing a few more pounds, getting your hair done, or finding something to wear.... when your creator who made you, adores you. You are His handiwork! Don't insult God by not loving His creation... YOU! Not only are you God's masterpiece, you are your Master's piece, the Craftsman's best piece of work. You belong to Him.

Psalm 139:13-17 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! (KJV) 

Daily Prayer: God I know that you created me for YOUR purpose.  You hold my life in Your hands. Sometimes I complain about my flaws but I know that you made me uniquely, fearfully, wonderfully, and beautifully. You do all things well, Lord and I'm grateful that you took the time to make me. 

Scripture to Study: Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you a a prophet of nations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment